Thursday 7 August 2014

BILL CLINTON-I COULD HAVE KILLED OSAMA BIN LADEN IN 1998



Bill Clinton admitted in 2001 that he had passed up the chance to kill Osama Bin Laden because he was concerned about potential civilian casualties, according to a newly-unearthed audio tape recorded just hours before the SEPTEMBER 11 attacks on the US. In the recording, the former US president addresses a group of business leaders at a paid engagement in Australia, on September 10, 2001.

"Osama bin Laden (is) a very smart guy," Clinton says. "I've spent a lot of time thinking about him, and I nearly got him once ... I could have killed him, but I would have had to destroy a little town called Kandahar in Afghanistan and kill 300 innocent women and children. And then I would have been no better than him. And so I didn't do it."

The tape was released to Sky News Australia this week by Michael Kroger, the former state president of the Liberal Party in Victoria, who said he had not deliberately kept its existence a secret, but had simply forgotten about it until now.

 Follow us on twitter @celebritiesaff or kindly click here https://twitter.com/celebritiesaff to go our twitter page for latest news on your favourite celebrities.

No comments: